Monday 25 January 2010

millennial escapades



If virtual space is treated as seriously as real space, then at a certain point the design of wireless fields comes into play. But how to design with an invisible medium? My aim was to influence the virtual, so I built a room within a room, a network within a network....

I went to the Apple store with a wireless broadband dongle and changed the network of the computers from Apple to myself, then set the network homepage to be my blog. The Apple red-shirts tried to work out what was going on... it took them some time, during which all Apple store customers were obliged, upon opening the safari browser, to read my blog. I was discovered and ejected.


Observant readers will notice this took place at the end of last year, during the hiatus, before MP got its makeover.

2 comments:

  1. virtual design or virtual graffiti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. little bit of column a, little bit of column b i like to think.

    ReplyDelete